M. Alim Malik is the Chairman of the Board of Jackson Tidus, having served as the firm’s President for more than a decade. He is also Chair of it’s Litigation and Environmental Services Group. He has extensive experience in litigating complex business cases before federal and state courts, as well as before administrative agencies. Mr. Malik has handled numerous real estate suits relating to large scale developments including partnership, accounting, complex homeowner associations disputes and environmental matters. Mr. Malik has significant experience in advising on environmental compliance matters.
Mr. Malik’s representative experience includes:
• Represented Plaintiff, a 1031 Exchange Company, in real property action against a bank regarding an improper lien recordation that affected a multi-million dollar loan. Case was settled favorably for client after ten months of intensive litigation.
• Represented Defendants in contract and specific performance claim. Successfully defended against injunctive proceedings and obtained complete payment of all defense fees and costs as part of case resolution.
• Represented Defendant, a seller of land, in action for breach of contract and specific performance brought by Plaintiff, a buyer. Obtained recovery of attorney’s fees and costs for successfully expunging Plaintiff’s lis pendens. Plaintiff later dismissed entire action.
• Represented Defendant in case involving lease dispute and removal of a large billboard. Conducted nine day trial resulting in verdict for Defendant. The decision was later upheld on appeal.
• Represented a public official in a lawsuit alleging violations of the Government Code and Brown Act. Successfully defeated the lawsuit by filing anti-SLAPP Motion that was upheld on appeal. Obtained significant award of attorney’s fees and costs in favor of client.
• Represented Defendant national chemical company in complex trade secret litigation. Obtained successful settlement from plaintiffs.
• Represented national homebuilder in complex designated class action lawsuit by homeowners. Obtained favorable dismissal of the actions and obtained fee award for client following successful anti-SLAPP motion.
• Represented former Chief Executive of technology company in Bankruptcy Action filed by Bankruptcy Trustee over Series B financing.Successfully defended CEO at trial. Trial Court decision affirmed on appeal.
• Represented gas station owner in a significant eminent domain case arising from a grade separation project. The property had significant environmental issues that needed attention. Obtained Substantial settlement.
• Represented purchaser of property that had environmental hot-spots relating to the on-going operations of a semi-conductor facility.
• Represented developers and national homebuilder in developing strategies for the abatements of various contaminants that escaped from USTs.
• Represented developers in due diligence acquisition of significant lots including property affected by nearby military base.
• Represented community college district on environmental matters regarding proposed new campus on former military base.
Classes & Seminars:
Published Cases & Works: